Prolight Laser Harp Controller is the newest product from Prolight that will turn any ILDA compliant laser projector into a powerful frameless full color laser harp. It creates a one-of-a-kind, virtual light harp of imposing size that utilizes multi-colored laser beams instead of strings. Just like a real instrument, when you play it, by blocking laser beams, it makes sounds.
Prolight Laser Harp Controller has won an ILDA Fenning Award for Technical Achievement in 2011 which makes this Laser Harp the only one in the World to receive such recognition from the leading laser companies association – ILDA (International Laser Display Association). This is sufficient proof that Prolight Laser Harp Controller is a very reliable, high quality device.
It began as an idea. While working on a laser labyrinth project, Prolight engineers noticed that they can use the labyrinth hardware and with a bit of modification create a laser harp controller box that would produce sounds upon a broken beam detection. First version of the harp was conceived as a framed-unframed style hybrid but proved to be very complicated for installation. Therefore a new concept had to be designed. After months of testing, error correction, development and implementation of advanced functions, Prolight Laser Harp Controller LH1 was born.
Great advantages of Prolight Laser Harp Controller are its adaptability and versatility. It can be programmed to trigger any type of audio or video event, any visual image, sound or music, special effect or even pyrotechnics. Combined with Pangolin Quickshow or Pangolin Live PRO software the Laser Harp Controller can be used to play selected laser show cues and effects by blocking laser beams like a true Laser Jockey. It can trigger synthesizers, PC samplers, DJ software or any other kind of MIDI controlled device. It is completely user friendly and it’s “plug and play” technology makes it easy to work with. There is no special knowledge required to operate it. The user just needs to connect an ILDA-compatible laser and a synthesizer and he or she is ready to play. Prolight Laser Harp Controller was the first commercially available ILDA laser harp controller in the world.
It has the option of 8 up to 12 beams, depending on the number of tones the performer requires. If an RGB laser projector is used, laser harp can have rainbow colored beams, all red, green or blue beams, or green and red (in which case red beams designate high notes while all other notes are green like the black and white keys of the piano). You can switch the tone orientation (starting C tone) from left to right. You can switch between three different MIDI banks (C3, C4 and C5 musical scales). You can connect a Double Footswitch to your Laser Harp Controller and use it for Opening/Closing the Laser Harp and for quick switching between MIDI banks.
Famous Croatian classical harpist, Doris Karamatić, has performed on Croatian National Television (HRT) during a live broadcast playing Nirvana’s Smells like teen spirit on a laser harp. She has since had several performances playing both classical and laser harps.
Prolight’s Laser Harp Controller was used by several DJ performers as well. It has been presented on Croatian Music and Multimedia Fair in Zagreb and Frankfurt’s Prolight + Soundfair with much publicity and success.
Even though laser harps have been around for over thirty years, recently through technological advancement and price reduction of laser equipment they have become available to everyone. Already the Internet is overflowing with videos and information on different performers including laser harp into their musical repertoire. Hopefully this trend will continue to rise as well as the popularity of the laser harp.
The Prolight Laser Harp Controller is ILDA-Compatible which means that it has a classic ILDA connector that can be connected to any standard ILDA compatible laser projector.
IMPORTANT: Prolight Laser Harp Controller does not include a built-in laser projector. It is a MIDI controller box with a sensor unit. It requires an ILDA-Compatible laser projector to operate.
Since Prolight Laser Harp Controller does not come with a built-in laser projector, you are free to choose your own laser setup for every performance, whether you need a less powerful laser projector for indoor events or high-powered laser for open air performances. It can be used with monochrome lasers or full color lasers, as well.
Prolight Laser Harp Controller has more advanced capabilities than any other laser harp on the market!
- With our Laser Harp Controller you can choose between 8, 9, 10 or 12 laser beams, depending on how many tones the melody being played requires.
- Your laser beams can be all red, all green, all blue, green and red (in which case red beams designate high notes while all other notes are green â€“ like the black and white keys of the piano), or multicolored (Rainbow mode) if you are using an RGB laser.
- You can switch the tone orientation (starting C tone) from left to right.
- You can switch between three different MIDI banks (C3, C4 and C5 musical scales).
- You can play polyphonic (means you can play several tones at the same time)
- You can connect a Double Footswitch to your Controller and use it for Opening/Closing the Laser Harp and for quick switching between MIDI banks.
- If the Footswitches are not available, all the functions can be controlled and operated on the Laser Harp Controller box itself.
- Function LEDs on the Laser Harp Controller box and sensor for easier indication and operation in dark areas
- The option of controlling beam spread
- Very small dimensions of both the Controller and Sensor boxes and the fact that the Sensor is a separate device make for an almost imperceptible installation on any platform (No big and clumsy boxes or frames on stage!). Your laser harp controller box will be practically invisible!